Thursday, October 6, 2011



Best Coast. That is all about pretty awesome American indie bands.
And YAY.. Drew Barrymore directed the first video and you haul in Kick-Ass fame Chloe Moretz and Alia Shawkat of Whip It fame and what do you get? Even more sheer awesomeness. I made some pointers
about the video for Our Deal.
1. Watching the video was like getting reminders from classics like The Outsiders.
2. Gangs, not to make typical brush offs like 'gangs are cool' or something but from its cinematographic aspect. So, take your pick kids, are you gonna go for NIGHT CREEPERS or DAY TROTTERS??
3. The modern day Romeo and Juliet subtext. I mean, you might as well haul in the Capulets and the Montagues.
4. COIFFED HAIR. They're apparently A-BOOMING.
SURELY you know what I mean. I've been trying to make copies on my hair.


We've got the whole gang-esque look here in tow.
I even sort of got weak in the knees when Romeo here died and Chloe saw the latter half of what he had sprayed onto the wall. Drew's talented direction skills were pretty evident and awesome-err on finding out Alia Shawkat was in the video too, after seeing her and Ms Barrymore working together on Whip It, one of my favorite 09' movies with Ellen Page. ROLLER DERBY. JULIETTE LEWIS. And you see, the lads below have been sporting the present 'THERE ARE FLECKS OF RAINBOW ON YOUR HAIR' rage. 

1 comment:

char said...

I love Chloe Moretz and Tyler Posey mmm. The styling in the Our Deal video is great!