Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Mix Tape

Happy feet.
Winter has set in and I'm on a hunt for a pair of engine red socks.
I've finally compiled the mix tape for you guys.
I had to stop myself in adding a ton more!
These are on my current playlist.
Growing up in the late 90s, my top five would have to include bands like Smashing Pumpkins, Hole, Suede, Third Eye Blind, New Radicals, Blur, Placebo and I love Fleetwood Mac.. Stevie Nicks and if you listen to the first track, their singer reminds me of a young Stevie. Then the gradual transition to bands like Rilo Kiley, Stellastarr, The Kills, The Raveonettes, Arcade Fire, Spoon, The Cribs. Listening to obscure bands on the net is what I do best, I can never figure out the lyrics for some, especially for the 9th track here, this is how I usually sing along." Eh, oh.. Eh our lights are go, don't wanna let go until we say so. " Bobbing my head to the beat, obviously not making any sense.
Anyhoo.
Happy listening.


Hitten - Those Dancing Days
Boys Don't cry - The Cure
Karen - Chew Lips
Slick - Chew Lips
Space Hero Suits - Those Dancing Days
Get You Back - Oh Mercy
Heart Skipped a Beat - The xx
Someday - The Strokes
Don't Back Down - Restless People
Honey in the Sun - Camera Obscura
Books Written for Girls - Camera Obscura
For Emma - Bon Iver (check out the acapella version)
The Absence of God - Rilo Kiley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the playlist.