Saturday, September 18, 2010

And so I was talking about PRECISION in my last post.
This next post would be a relevant follow up to that.
Precision and accuracy. 
Got these in the mail from Dad.


Pencil Sculpture by Dalton Ghetti.

 

 
 

First up, I thought they were cartoons. And then after reading the whole mail, I went ballistic and stared at them for almost an hour. You'll probbly be doing the same. The artist works with a razor blade, a sewing needle and a sculpting knife to carve out these miniature masterpieces on actual graphite ON ACTUAL PENCILS.. some of which took him years to complete. Some Artsy Shiz eh?


Another quote from a presentation I'm working on in school that I'd like to share, which kept me from attending the Forever21 launch here today. Yes after Zara, its Forever21 :)
" None of us follows a single vision; instead our very visions are products of growth and adaptation, not fixed but emergent. " - Mary Catherine Bateson


Aaand instead of parading around a dozen pictures of Rebecca Taylor's Spring 2011 here in this blog, which I obviously love but will not because I have a weird feeling they will lose their shizzle?? I will post this and this only. 
A very Happy Weekend to everyone!

2 comments:

Magali Vaz said...

What the fuck man? I don't mean to abuse, but that is SERIOUS arty shiz!
Anyway, I was supposed to comment on your last post but I'll combine comments here.
How do you know so much about fashion... like structure & all. It's amazing. Are you studying fashion or anything closely related?
Also, why don't your posts ever have titles? :(
Anyway, that's your biz & I shouldn't be butting there.
Still I love this blog. And your bun.

Renee Nabam said...

oh..im in total awe of that man..who created those..no-nonsense...pencils..seriously...anyways...i'm delighted to hear about forever 21...in del...fer sure?.i cant wait to be there...after months of torture...
p.s-great post....