Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dress me up in Miu Miu and let me go.

MIU MIU.
All hail Miu Miu.
That was a rather pompous remark. Anyhoo..we couldnt be really bothered with that statement right?
As long as we love Miu Miu and this collection ESPECIALLY.
I have been meaning to write a post on this for as long as i can remember - Miu Miu Spring 2010.
Whimsical and fun, yet practical though there's this glum spectre lurking beneath. About the collection, Prada says backstage, "I was questioning innocence, questioning youth," The motifs are what catches my eye about this collection and maybe it suggests just that...naked ethereal ladies floating. Cats,dogs and birds too. There seems to be a paradox in all this. And it can culminate only to this - fresh and quirky, beautiful and enticing. It haunts me still. Yes it does. No shit. AND THE SHOES. Can i clunk around in them? Fall collections are already out but this collection's stuck in my head. I am clearly all fuddled in the head by it. And thats fine. The colour pallete seems to congeal into a fine mesh of it all. Oh Miu Miu. That last statement was pathetic by the way. If i ever could boast of a collection as challenging and unique as this... I already have it in mind. And the soundtrack to it??? My girls by Animal Collective. Give it a listen. It goes like this.
                    There isnt much, that i feel i need.
                    A solid soul, and the blood i bleed.
                    But with a little girl, and by my spouse.
                    I only want a proper house. 

                   I dont care for fancy things.
                   Or to take part in the freshest wave.
                   But to provide for mine who ask
                   I will, with heart, on my father's grave.

                  I dont mean to seem like
                  I care about material things
                  Or a social status
                  I just want four walls
                  And adobe slats for my girls.  Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

   TO MIU MIU ALREADY
   Lo and BEHOLD.... 
                  
             


courtesy syle.com



forgot the source of this..oopsie
courtesy jak&jil

and a lovely illustration by a fellow blogger











No comments: